Every year Republic exposes the real cost of the royals. Your donation will keep that work going!
Making a difference
Every year Republic challenges the myths, challenges the corruption, lies and spin of royal expenses – and we’re making a difference!
- Every two years we produce a new, up-to-date report on royal finances. £345m is our current estimate for the annual cost of the monarchy – and that figure gets widely reported in the media.
- We have challenged the daft claims made about tourism. Just last month we asked VisitBritain for evidence of the impact of the monarchy on tourist numbers – they couldn’t find any!
- We have challenged the way public opinion is reported, showing that most people weren’t interested in the recent royal wedding and thought the royals should pay for the whole thing, including the huge security bill!
- We continue to challenge the claim that the monarchy is self-funded by the Crown Estate. The BBC’s Reality Check backed down and changed their analysis of royal funding thanks to Republic’s work. We’re still pushing Channel 4’s Fact Check to get it right.
- Time and again journalists come to Republic for comment and analysis on the routine abuse of taxpayers’ money by the royals.
Most people in the UK don’t care much about the royals, but they support the monarchy because they think it’s harmless and profitable. Get people to change their mind on that and we break down one of the royals’ strongest lines of defence.
You can make that happen!
Getting rid of the monarchy isn’t about money or tourism, but by challenging royal expenses, corruption and the myth of the money-making-monarchy we get the chance to make the positive case for change.
Will you do your bit?
Your money pays for:
- Research into royal funding, abuse of money and challenging the myths
- Publications and reports that help raise awarness and understanding of the issues
- Lobbying of MPs and ministers, to try to win support for key changes
- Media work that raises awareness of royal expenses and of the republican cause.
Donate today and get your FREE copy of Republic's Royal Expenses report.
Any donation - whether £1 or £100 - will help Republic hit the £3000 target - so please donate today!
Republic's report, Royal Expenses: Counting the cost of the monarchy
, tells the truth about the cost of the royals. Published every two years, the report spells out how much the real figures add up to, and how much more we lose from having a monarchy.
This report is put together with the support of people like you, who want to see the royals challenged head on. Your donation will help keep the challenge going.
It's not just about donating
We need donations - but if you want to do more, or if you can't make a financial contribution there are other things you can do:
- Share the #RoyalExpenses appeal on Twitter and Facebook.
- Email your friends to tell them about the royal secrets campaign.
- Write to your MP and tell them you want them to support the campaign.
- Join Republic or sign up for Republic's email updates.
- For more information see the Republic website - but please donate first!
Royal Expenses Appeal: Donate now!