Lead Campaigner (Communications)
Full time. £31,000pa
This is your opportunity to play a key role in the campaign for a democratic alternative to the monarchy.
You will play a leading role in delivering Republic’s external and supporter communications, including creating and scheduling content for Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, managing website content and writing and sending emails to our growing supporter base.
Republic is planning protests and more robust campaigns in the lead up to the coronation, along with rapid growth in membership and supporter numbers. This is your chance to help us deliver those objectives.
Your role will include:
- Developing more powerful social media campaigns and maintaining a high level of social media engagement across four platforms.
- Establishing a strong presence on TikTok and Instagram and working on ways to further extend our reach on Facebook and Twitter.
- Writing and scheduling effective emails to our supporters and members.
- Creating and maintaining effective, up-to-date content for the website.
- Working with the CEO on delivering YouTube content.
- While you won’t be responsible for fundraising, you will contribute to fundraising communications.
As Republic is a small team you will also be involved in most other aspects of the campaign and will work closely with the CEO in developing and executing the campaign. You’ll also be asked to get involved with events and protests in the run up to and day of the coronation.
You will work from home initially, however Republic is committed to acquiring office space and there will be some expectation on staff to work some days there (the office will either be in London or Reading). There is also a requirement to be able to meet the CEO and other staff or volunteers in person, often at short notice, usually in London.
- Proven experience using social media in a campaign setting
- A good understanding of different audiences and means of engagement across different platforms, specifically TikTok, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Familiarity with membership databases and content management tools. Knowledge of NationBuilder is not essential but would be useful.
- Excellent communication skills, able to create written and visual content quickly, accurately and effectively.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing objectives and campaigns.
- Experience is essential
How to apply
Send an email to [email protected] with a covering letter (no longer than one side of A4) and your CV.
NOTE: Please send a separate cover letter and CV, both saved as pdf files, using the following format for the file names: first name last name CV/coverletter
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 30th December 2022
Full job description available on request.
Do you like this page?