Donate £10, £20 or £35 to fight royal corruption
Unethical abuse of power, privilege and public money - that's corruption. The Royal Archives campaign is a demand to open up official records, so we can all see the full extent of the problem.
This campaign is already underway. Republic has been talking to MPs and journalists and drawing together allies who support our aims.
Sky News reported on the campaign in March and since then we've started work on the investigations team. We'll be looking at possible legal challenges and finding out what kinds of secrets are hidden in the archives.
After the election we'll be getting back to MPs and ministers, demanding action on royal secrecy.
All this is made possibly by your generous support!
£8,000 to reveal the royal’s secrets
We want to step up Republic’s Royal Secrets campaign, by challenging the rules surrounding the royal archives. Our demand is simple: treat official documents of our head of state the same as those of the prime minister. We're almost at our target - with you help, can we double it?
Please donate £10, £20 or £35 – or whatever you can afford – to help us hit that new target!
Your donation will pay for…
- An investigations team to look at what questions remain unanswered, what secrets might be uncovered and the legal basis for the current arrangements and proposed reforms.
- Building alliances with interested parties, including academics and other campaign groups.
- Lobbying of MPs and ministers to change the law and introduce the reforms we’re calling for.
- Building a dedicated website to facilitate collaboration, the gathering and publication of information and to educate the public and media about the issues.
- Producing a full report on the Royal Archives, which will be sent to all MPs and the media, and made available to the public.
Royal archives: our objective
It’s simple. We want to:
- Raise awareness of the extent of official secrecy and the questions that remain unanswered as a result of lack of access to the archives
- Achieve wholesale reform of the Royal Archives, to bring them into line with the National Archives.
Find out more about the campaign and Republic's demands
A new report and a dedicated website
With your support Republic will produce a new Royal Archives report – and you can get a copy by donating £35 or more. The report – planned to be launched in 2018 – will be sent to all MPs, and will set out clearly the issues and Republic’s demands for change.
By the end of this year Republic will launch – with your donation – a new website, dedicated to the issue of royal archives. The site will be a platform for raising awareness of the issues, the demands and continuing investigations into the secrets hidden in the archives.
Republic is already working hard to raise this issue with MPs, the government and in the media - with lots of help from our members and supporters.
Your donation will help pay for that work and keep this campaign going strong. Any funds raised over the target will be invested in the royal secrets and wider campaign work.
You don’t need PayPal to pay.
You’ll be taken to the PayPal page to make your donation – but you don’t need a PayPal account. Just select the 'Pay with a debit or credit card' link to pay with your debit or credit card.