Do you store my data outside of the UK or pass it to third parties?
- Republic does not sell, share or otherwise pass on your data to third parties for them to use for marketing or other purposes.
- Republic will pass your data to another company where we need to use the services of a mailing house, printers, data analyst, website developer or other service provider for the purposes of carrying out our routine work. These companies will change from time to time, so we can’t list their details here. If you’d like to know which companies we send your details to please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where we pass data onto a third party we’ll confirm with them in writing that the third party has appropriate safeguards and data protection policies that keep your data safe.
- To ensure your data remains under the jurisdiction of UK and European data protection laws, we will not store data outside the European Economic Area. We will ensure third parties do not store data outside the EEA, or can satisfy us that necessary precautions are taken to safeguard your data if they do (in compliance with data protection laws).
- Your data may also be stored in Republic’s official archive, although personal data will not be sent to the archives as a matter of routine practice. Republic’s archive is held by the Bishopsgate Institute, 230 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4QH. Republic’s mission, if successful, will have considerable historic significance and so we retain this data for historical research purposes. Personal data held in the archive is not open for public inspection and remains subject to data protection rules and your rights as a data subject.
Supporter research and profiling
- We may from time to time use the services of a company to match your data with publicly available information, to allow us to identify individuals who may be in a position to make significant financial or other contributions to the campaign. We rely on legitimate interest as our legal basis for this kind of data processing, in that Republic is a fundraising organisation that can enhance and improve its fundraising – for the organisation and our supporters – through better tailoring of appeals. As with all kinds of uses of your data, you may tell us not to do this at any time.
Really stupid way to sort these: