"Not the royal wedding" Street PartySee also: Public Meeting & Love Republic
AROUND THE UKSupporters have been organising events in Cardiff, Manchester and Edinburgh for the royal wedding weekend. Find out more and get in touch!
Red Lion Square, London, Near Holborn tube station
See the map
The party they tried to ban!Red Lion Square has now been confirmed! Join us in central London on April 29th for Republic's 'Not the Royal Wedding' alternative street party. We've taken a 'traditional' royalist street party as our inspiration, but there will be one key difference - we'll be celebrating democracy and people-power rather than inherited privilege. With food, stalls and entertainment, Republic's alternative street party is sure to be a fun day out. But there will also be a very serious message - Britain's 10 million republicans won't be ignored, and we certainly won't be hiding. We're out and proud and determined to succeed! The party will include:
- Delicious food provided by The London Particular cafe.
- Live jazz from The Dave Chandler Quartet.
- Republic merchandise, including mugs, stickers, badges and books (and joining forms!)
- Magic, street performances and much more besides.
- All media enquiries should be directed to Graham Smith: 07747608770, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you want to help out on the day please get in touch with Jen, our street party coordinator, at email@example.com.
- If you think you might be interested in having a stall or stand at the party get in touch with Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org